Top Audio Quality for You and Your Clients
Sennheiser PC37X Gaming Headset
If I can’t hear you and understand you, there is no point in connecting at all. So here’s why you should care. If you’re like me, and in the business of problem-solving, then you know that part of our job is establishing confidence with our clients and taking accountability for their frustrations.
As a marketing professional, I am often helping clients with complicated and often emotion-inducing issues.
It is important for me to provide a welcoming environment and that journey begins with a good microphone recording quality sound. Ever since Zoom became a part of my workflow, I’ve searched for headphones and microphones that would produce studio-quality sound. My goal was to find an affordable solution that would ensure quality sound for both myself my client
Poor Video Quality is Excusable, but Poor Audio is a Deal-Breaker
That search finally came to an end when I got on a zoom call with my friend Gabe Wong, at Studio C&G. As he sat down at his computer and adjusted his headset I heard his warm voice fill my ears, it was like he was standing in the room with me. My immediate reaction was, “What headset are you using?!” The Sennheiser brand is well known to audiophiles (Audio Nerds) for its premium build quality and sound quality. This budget headset is no exception to either aspect.
Just weeks before coming across the Sennheiser PC37X I had given up on my search for this unicorn product. Instead, I went the route of purchasing professional sound recording equipment with guidance from podcasting guru, Alex Hochhausen at Astronomic Audio.
My setup which included the Sennheiser HD 280 PRO monitoring headphones, Steinberg UR22C interface, Trionaudio Preamp Fethead, Shure SM7B Microphones, stands and cables put me over $1200 CDN. Getting my equipment to work properly was a week-long journey.
In hindsight, the Sennheiser PC37X would have provided everything that I was looking for. The sound quality and experience are comparable. The setup would have been simple. The only reason I am not sending the gear back in favour of the headset is that my daughter is a voice actor and really wants to work with the Shure SM7B.
The Sennheiser PC37X Gaming Headset is only $185.00 CDN
- A SENNHEISER STANDOUT, REVAMPED: Based on Sennheiser’s top-tier gaming headsets, our Sennheiser PC37X features the same exceptional audio and microphone quality, with some key tweaks to make it even better
- ANGLED DRIVERS: Made with drivers that are positioned at an angle, which is typically seen in much more expensive headsets, the PC37X maximizes natural sound reproduction resulting in more clarity in your games and tunes
- LOCATIONAL ACCURACY: A COMPETITIVE EDGE: The PC37X helps you hear enemies and sense your surroundings more clearly. Thanks to the angled drivers and open-back design, it offers better stereo imaging and locational accuracy
- INTEGRATED VOLUME AND 10 FT CABLE The right ear cup has a volume adjustment wheel for quick tweaks in the heat of battle and the 10-foot single-sided braided cable is long enough to reach the back of desktop computer towers
- CLEAR, AMBIANCE-FREE COMMUNICATION: The noise-cancelling microphone is designed for high-volume, low-distance recording, and is optimized to handle unpleasant pops and hisses—great for gaming, Skype calls and video chatting
- AUDIOPHILE DRIVERS: The drivers come from the same family as the Sennheiser HD598 and HD600 headphones—two audiophile favourites in the Sennheiser collection
- CONVENIENT MICROPHONE MUTE: Simply raise the boom arm to the upright position to effortlessly mute your microphone